Our experience and expertise
Horten has a large and experienced IT and telecommunications team. Our expertise covers all areas of IT law and the complex regulation within the telecommunications area, and we have wide experience in disputes and litigation relating to IT.
We advise international clients on the special Danish rules to which foreign companies should pay particular attention when entering into IT contracts under Danish law. In addition, we have wide experience adapting international contracts to Danish law.
Our specialists have detailed technical knowledge and insight and, in addition to their legal background, many of them also have a theoretical education within IT. Seven of our attorneys are among the approx. 60 IT-certified attorneys in Denmark under the certification scheme administered by the Association of Danish IT Attorneys.
We have in-depth knowledge of the Danish and international IT and telecommunications industry
and experience as an adviser to both suppliers and customers. Many of
our lawyers also have experience from secondments and previous
employment within the industry.
seven of Horten's IT specialists are IT-certified attorneys
Our clients are companies engaged in the development and sale of hardware and software, distributors of IT products, service providers and consultants. We also advise Danish and international companies dependent on IT services in connection with procurement or outsourcing of both large and small IT projects.
Within telecommunication, we advise telecommunications and virtual operators and suppliers of communication equipment.
Straightforward and solution-oriented.
Good understanding of both the law and the business.
The team is very qualified and timely on requests. They have experts in the fields we need.
Friendly people who always have the facts; they know our business well and can tailor advice accordingly.
What we do
- Assessment of all types of IT issues
- Drafting of contracts, including IT supply contracts
- IT tenders
- Negotiation of IT contracts
- Disputes concerning IT contracts, including mediation, litigation and arbitration
- Outsourcing of IT services
- Software licence agreements and transfer of software licences
- Development agreements
- System purchase agreements
- Agreements on maintenance and support
- Distribution agreements
- OEM agreements
- Agreements on temporary provision of IT services in connection with purchase and sale of companies (transitional services agreements)
- Competitive issues on the telecommunications market
- Contracts concerning distribution of telecommunications services
- Purchase and sale of infrastructure for the purpose of establishing and maintaining networks.