our experience and expertise
Horten has experience in all types of cases concerning violation of special legislation (financial regulation, working environment, environment, food control, etc.) and in relation to financial crime against companies or white-collar crime committed by a company's managers or employees.
Our expertise includes both activities directed against the company and activities carried out by the company itself. We assist with investigating potential criminal activities (bribery, embezzlement, etc.) and serve as defence counsel in case of charges being brought against companies or persons attached to the company (e.g. in tax cases).
has mainly been cases concerning e.g. fraud, criminal breach of trust
and other offences against property, tax fraud, price manipulation and
insider trading, food legislation and other special legislation with
serious sanctions. Our criminal lawyers conduct the various cases in
cooperation with Horten's specialists within e.g. public regulation, banking and finance, tax law and employment and labour law.
Through the years, we have conducted a large number of important and high-profile corporate criminal cases
Our clients are not limited to one specific group; everybody may be placed in a situation where charges are brought against them or others. Our assistance is therefore aimed at companies, public authorities and those acting on behalf of companies or public authorities as well as individuals.
- Defence of individuals and companies in connection with charges in corporate criminal proceedings
- Defence in case of violation of special legislation in cooperation with the specialist departments
- Defence in criminal proceedings
- Assistance in case of claims for disclosure of material, seizure and other measures
- Assessment of the company's conduct in relation to criminal law and special legislation Does the company comply with legislation?
- Advice on and establishment of whistleblower schemes
- Guidance on measures against corruption and bribery
- Assistance in connection with practice on Corporate Responsibility, anti-corruption, etc.
- Immediate help in connection with Dawn Raids
- Assessment of potential criminal conduct by employees, cooperation partners or others
- Assistance in connection with reporting of potential criminal conduct to the police
- Claims for damages in criminal cases
- Assistance in connection with detection of stolen funds